You are reading the article How To Fix Teams Chat Not Working In Windows 11 updated in September 2023 on the website Chivangcangda.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested October 2023 How To Fix Teams Chat Not Working In Windows 11
Microsoft Teams has a Chat option that is a part of the programs on the Windows 11 taskbar and serves as a workspace for in-progress business collaborations and meetings. The Teams Chat app functions as a quick access point to stay in touch with members of an organization’s Microsoft Teams without the need to open the Microsoft Teams desktop client on your computer.
However, many Teams users have expressed concern about the Teams Chat not working on their Windows 11 PC. Some are even presented with the “We’ve run into an issue” error when they open the Chat app. Fortunately, there are some proven methods that can help you in such a circumstance, and we will discuss them in this article.
Common Causes of Teams Chat Not Working in Windows 11
Several variables may cause Teams Chat not working in Windows 11 issue, however, you must first rule out the possibility that Microsoft Teams is down by checking the Teams website. If the Teams app is working perfectly, then the reason for the issue may be any of the options below:
Internet connectivity issue
Corrupt system files
Simple system glitch
These are the main factors that could have contributed to this problem, and based on these factors, we have identified the best fixes, which we will discuss below.
Fix Teams Chat Not Working in Windows 11
Below are the recommended ways you can use to resolve Teams Chat not working in Windows 11:
1. Close and Reopen the App
If you are facing an issue with Teams Chat on your Windows 11 computer, it may be a simple glitch that only requires you to quit the application and relaunch it. Hence, you should follow the step to close the Teams app and then reopen it afterward:
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings on your computer.
3. Navigate to Microsoft Teams under the app list and tap on the three dots in front of the app.
4. Select Advanced options.
This will close the Microsoft Teams app and all related processes. Afterward, you can reopen the app, and the issue should have been fixed.
2. Clear Teams Cache
It’s recommended that you delete the app cache by following the instructions below because corrupt or excess cache could also cause your issue.
1. Press Windows + S to open the search box, type %appdata% in the search box, and open the top result.
3. Then delete the content of the following folders: ‘blob_storage’, ‘Cache’, ‘databases’, ‘GPU Cache’, ‘Local Storage’, and ‘tmp’.
After doing this, you can now open the Chat app and see if it is fully functional
The main purposes of app updates are to correct bugs and add new features. However, it’s possible that the Chat app isn’t working because you have an outdated version of Teams installed on your computer. To upgrade Microsoft Teams on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Search, type Microsoft Teams and tap on the matching result to open the app.
3. Hit About Teams option at the bottom left of the Settings window.
4. On the resulting window, check under the Version section to see if you have an update available for the app. If there is an update, simply install it.
4. Run App Troubleshooter
The app troubleshooter is a built-in function on Windows computers that helps in fixing apps on your computer. You can make use of this function in this case by following the steps below:
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings on your computer.
5. Repair and Reset Microsoft Teams
This application might be corrupted, as was already said, but some of the best solutions to fix the problem are to repair or reset the app. A reset will put the app back in its default state, while a repair will change the corrupt and damaged files of the app. Here are the steps to perform this solution:
2. On the resulting page, select Apps and features.
4. Now, scroll down to see the Repair and Reset options.
6. Use Restore Point
The fact that the app was functioning before it abruptly stopped working proves that something has been tampered with. Therefore, you can use a recent restore point created on your computer to return to the state when the app was still operational.
2. On the Control Panel window, ensure the View by option is set to Large icons. Now, tap on the Recovery option.
3. Tap on Open System Restore and tap on Next.
This method will take your system back to the point when the Chat app is working.
Another thing you may have to do to fix this issue is making sure you install Windows updates.
1. Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings.
3. On the Windows Update page, you’ll see if there are any available updates. If there are, follow the prompts to install them.
8. Restart Graphics Driver
Though it may seem unrelated, simply restarting the graphics driver has helped some users fix the Chats app not working on Windows 11. So you should give it a try by following these steps:
4. Right the graphics driver again and select Enable device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Microsoft Teams Chat not letting me chat?
How do I access the Chat app on Windows 11?
How do I fix a corrupt Teams app?
The best solution to fix corrupt Microsoft Teams on your Windows computer is to uninstall and reinstall the program.
If Teams Chat stops working in Windows 11, you can restart your computer and try the fixes we covered. However, the best course of action will be to use a restore point if the majority of the solutions are unsuccessful. This will return your system to its state before the Teams Chat app issue first surfaced.
You're reading How To Fix Teams Chat Not Working In Windows 11
Update the detailed information about How To Fix Teams Chat Not Working In Windows 11 on the Chivangcangda.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!